Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Old Ingredients, New magic!

The first fight that I had this New Year was about the Christmas turkey. With my husband of course. After singing it’s praises and thus mine on Christmas, he got bored of it. He also complained that it had a strange after taste that bothered him. With my prime eater down, I didn’t know what to do with all the leftover turkey. So, I thought, why not take the leftovers from last year and create a new dish! Here’s what I used:

Leftover turkey (diced)

Leftover turkey stuffing (mushroom and onion chopped finely and fried in olive oil, salt and pepper)

Mayonnaise (leftover from a take away)

Humus (leftover from a Arabic take away)

Chilli sauce (To add zing. I went crazy with it. You might want to be more discreet)

Oregano (leftover from a pizza take away)

Balsamic Vinegar 2tbsp (to get rid of the “after taste”)

Olive oil

Salt and pepper (But remember the turkey already has some)

First I fried the turkey in olive oil till it was almost crispy. Then I added the vinegar and let it evaporate. The rest of the ingredients I just mixed in. And then I served it as salad with some avocado, I made a grilled sandwich with it, and I tried it with parantha too. My husband did the dishes for a week, smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Man your way of eating leftovers is awesome!!!
    Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Samentha! Happy New Year to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete