Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rainy Tales


I don’t think there is anyone out there who hasn’t had an incident to remember in the rain. There will be so many stories if we all came up with even one each. I have some pretty nostalgic moments associated.

During my student days in Delhi, I once went to a movie with one of my friends. Coming out of the theatre we realized it was beginning to rain. That was no ordinary rain. It was the first rain that summer, the time being the beginning of June. Of course we danced in it and got drenched. I even broke my sandals while dancing. Its almost a ritual in Delhi to dance and celebrate the first rain, so nobody got scandalized. In fact they joined in. A photographer asked us to give him a few shots, which we being vain creatures did. And what do you know? Next morning, we were in the Hindustan Times, as jubilant pedestrians enjoying the first summer shower. I still have the newspaper. It was quite a cause for jealousy the next day in college.

Hang on. I have one more. This one is mushy too. It was my first official date with my husband. Things started out pretty normal. We met in a café and sipped on cold cappuccinos. I felt absolutely relaxed with him. Which was huge for me. You see, I am normally seen fidgeting around my purse or something with a formidable frown on my face. So I thought, “I can’t love this guy. He is like a friend.” So we kept on chatting till we decided to go to Noida on his bike. On the way it started raining and this guy wouldn’t stop his bike. Soaked to my skin, I swallowed my ego and used his body to shield myself from the cold wind. And which guy wouldn’t enjoy that. By the time we reached Noida, I was pretty mad. I had to go to office for the evening shift. I bought clothes and changed. Grinning impishly this guy kept saying sorry, but he broke my walls. I liked his guts. After we got married, I moved with him to one of the rain capitals. And we still enjoy the rain whenever we have the time to sit together and admire it.

Let me know if you ever had an adventure in the rain. I would love to know your story.

12 comments:

  1. The most exciting thing I have found recently is riding a bike in the rain, its exhilarating and drenching in the most beautiful sense of the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jo... nice one... does take me back to some lovely rides in the rain too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really SK? I mean, my ride ended up in marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am aware of that...Hahaha...what a roller coaster eh? But you cannot deny that it is exhilarating even if a little exhausting right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm.....well i have started my college now n lets see mayb even i have the luck of running into press photographers some day!!!but ryt now in delhi rains are not being much of a help....its just being a halt for all the commonwealth constructions, followed by bad traffic jams and becoming a huge trouble for the delhiites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anks, development doesn't come without a price. Maybe this way you will appreciate it more when its complete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i just had a new experience with the rains....yesterday was our fresher's and it was raining cats n dogs!!!first we were too conscious too loose as we had styled up for the occasion.....then we became too bindaas n had a rain dance fresher's party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Went through ur blog Jo....u really had some gr8 time wid the rains!!
    n ur first official date was so damn romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Samentha! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. romántico recuerdos

    ReplyDelete