Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jack Frost: Snowman Fun


Christmas is the coziest time of the year for me. In India, apart from the good food, it just means cute, cheerful movies will be aired by all the English movie channels. Even if they are last year’s repeats, its enough to want to cozy up under a blanket with popcorn, coke and siblings etc. Jack Frost, the 1998 Warner Bros. movie was one of those.

A busy father who is unable to be there for his son dies leaving his son grieving and withdrawn. But he gets a second chance to make amends, and in the strangest way too. He returns as a roly-poly snowman, so that he and his son can have the adventure they missed while he was alive.

I have seen people in my life lose loved ones. I don’t know the feeling yet. They call me lucky, but I live in constant fear. Picturing a moment when I know that someone will never return includes total disembarkation of my mind into pieces that will never be together again. But imagine if that someone came back, just to see you through till you can carry on again as a whole human being!

Having said that, ‘Jack Frost’ is a warm, fun movie that the kids will love. It promotes the message of togetherness on Christmas. It is full of hockey, snow, and enough Christmas cheer to warm hearts.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that movie but it seems very heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a very warm movie Clarissa...!!
    It has a wonderful message of love n togetherness!!
    Do watch it if you ever get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clarissa for your comment. Anks is sure right.

    ReplyDelete